kc.ska.org or kc-shotokan.com
"Our aim is to build strength of mind and body with emphasis on self-confidence, willpower, character, and the ability to defend oneself in time of conflict." - Jon Beltram, senior instructor.
* Started in 1966, this is one of the oldest martial arts groups in the Midwest.
* Winner of SKA's Dojo of the Year award.
* Highest caliber instruction. Senior instructors have practiced more than 30 years.
* No experience is necessary. Anyone 16 years of age or older is welcome to join in karate practices. You may observe or participate (much more fun!).
* No long-term contracts -- join SKA and pay dojo dues at the first of each month.
* Approximately 2,800 square feet of natural wood floor suspended on thick rubber shock absorbers, it feels great!
* Separate men's and women's shower and dressing areas.
* Punching bags, maki-wara and Olympic-style Judo / Aikido style tatami mats.
* Free parking in private lot behind building (2027 Washington St, Kansas City, MO 64108).