Ziran Martial Arts
The Kungfu program offers instruction in Shaolin Kungfu and Taiji, with an emphasis on the four areas of fighting. This includes, striking, grappling, joint controlling, and weapons. Physical fitness and proper conditioning are an integral part of sound training. Monday evenings teach push-hands. Wednesday classes teach conditioning and agility. Saturday classes teach application, form, and sparring. For a well rounded practice, students should attend all three sessions each week. Specialized courses for Pushhands and Conditioning are listed below. Students may enroll in courses selectively or may participate as full-tme members at Ziran Martial Arts.
Martial Art Styles
The following Martial Arts Styles are offered at Ziran Martial Arts:
Programs & Class Schedule
1. PRACTICAL TAIJIQUAN - (ADULTS age 15 or older)
2. PRIVATE INSTRUCTION & PERSONAL TRAINING
3. TAIJI FOR HEALTH
4. TAIJI FOR ARTHRITIS
6. CHINESE SWORDSMANSHIP
7. TEEN LEADERSHIP-(age 15-17)
8. CHILDREN(Ages 6-14)
430pm - 530 ages 6 to 8 yrs
530p - 630pm ages 9 to 14 yrs
630pm - 830pm 15 to 100 yrs
430pm - 530 ages 6 to 8 yrs
530pm - 630pm ages 9 to 14 yrs
630pm - 830pm ages 15 to 100 yrs
915am - 1030 ages 6 to 12/14
1030 - 1230 ages 14 to 100 yrs
1. PRACTICAL TAIJIQUAN- (T'aichi Kungfu / T'ai Chi Fighting Arts): is a program for beginning and advanced martial artists that teaches all areas of Taijiquan presented in the "Areas of Study" page of this website. Students who attend all classes for Form and Taiji Gongfu will thoroughly develop the skills of Taijiquan as both a system of health and as a complete martial art for self-defense and personal development. All instruction is learner centered.
2. PRIVATE INSTRUCTION & PERSONAL TRAINING - is available to meet the schedules and needs of students. Instruction in any of our areas of specialty including fitness specific personal training is available. We offer flexible hours and sessions Monday through Saturday. Personal training for special needs students and advanced attribute training is also offered at Ziran Martial Arts.
3. TAIJI FOR HEALTH - Students seeking to learn Taijiquan without an emphasis on practical self defense are welcome to study with us. We will help you to select classes appropriate to your needs and schedules. Those classes focused on health cultivation provide relaxing, pleasant and good humored instruction in movement, mechanics, and meditation for people of all ages. Taiji for health is incredible stress relief and is an outstanding way to stabilize and enhance vitality while improving balance, flexibility, muscle strength and physical grace. There are many internal benifits as well. This program is appropriate for most fitness levels and is low impact.
4. TAIJI FOR ARTHRITIS - is a class in movement, balance, and range of motion for people who suffer from Arthritis but who are not yet in the advanced stage of the illness. Please note, students must be able to walk, stand upright, and safely climb stairs. (We are located on the second floor.) If special accomidations are needed, our Taichi for Arthritis specialist can schedule classes at your facility or can go directly to a student's home and provide private or small group instruction by arrangement.
5. CHINESE SWORDSMANSHIP: (By permission only)- provides instruction in beginning through advanced levels of traditional Chinese swordplay. The classes include basic cuts, two-person drills, form, applications, and freeplay using dao (saber), dao and tengpai (saber and shield), shuang shou dao (double handed sabre), jian (straight sword), and spear. Additional weapons combinations and combat scenarios are also addressed periodically. A more detailed explanation of Chinese Swordsmanship is provided HERE.
6. TEEN LEADERSHIP -Training with adults and mentoring children.
United Mind and Body Training for Young Adults.
Teens learn martial arts and life-skills through traditional martial arts training in Taiji Gongfu.
The program of Taiji Gongfu for teens includes:
2. Physical Conditioning
3. Self-Defense skill
4. Martial Arts Ethics
5. Taiji Form Study and martial applications
6. Anatomy and Physiology
7. History and Culture of the Martial Arts
8. Sparring (with parental consent)
9. Readings on the Martial Arts
Teens help in mentoring children- Students who have developed their skills and have demonstrated diligence, talent, and a proper attitude are invited to participate in the Leadership Program. The Leadership program includes a specialized monthly class on leadership skills and instructing methods. Students in this program also gain the opportunity to serve as volunteer Teaching Assistants for new students and to partake in advanced instruction (by invitation) with adult members of the school.
Benefits for teens include:
Increased confidence, concentration, and self control
Improved physical prowess
Practical self-defense skills and knowledge of violence prevention
and much more!!!
Students can also receive volunteer hours with a certificate for use with college applications.
8. CHILDREN'S TAIJI GONGFU PROGRAM (KIDS KUNGFU)
Kungfu: developing skills through consistant effort. This program features small Classes of no more than 12 children, and individualized instruction for children ages 6-14. Classes are fun, methodical, and enriching to help your children develop into strong, confident, and positive individuals. Children are taught the basics of traditional martial arts and systematically learn Shaolin and T'aichi kungfu in a safe and traditional environment. There is an emphasis on physical fitness, precision in training, proper manners and respect, age appropriate self-discipline, and decision making skills. A seperate grading (ranking) system of colored sashes is used in the kids program. When they enter the teen/ adult class, their grade is converted into the equivalent stage that they have achieved in the curriculum after their first test in the adult class.
Have a Question?
Would you like more information on hours, classes and programs available at Ziran Martial Arts? Please contact the school with your questions.
Enhance This Page